Saturday 8 June 2013

Worms and Bad Habbits

The other day I was standing at my front window, watching birds peck away at the ground and I saw this one bird. He had found a worm and was trying his best without the ability of arms, to get the worm into his mouth. Tilting his head a certain way he would try and make the worm go down his throat, but it would begin to twist and turn as he was trying to do this, so he would shake his head to counter act the worm's twisting. And as he did this the worms body would be torn and the part that was not in his beak would be flung across the yard. But the bird would hop over to the flung piece and pick it up and try again. I watched repeatedly as he did this, until the worm was all gone.
As I watched God spoke to me, He said "This is how I want you to go after me." He said "like the bird hops after the worm that had been thrown across the lawn, I want you to run after me as the world tries to tear you away from me." After as I thought about this I realised how this is so true.
You know I am not perfect, time after time I have let the world tear me away from Him. Time after time I have let the world's lies turn me away from Christ and let it poison me with its sting. But like the Bird, I hop back to Him. Broken, bruised, hurt, and ashamed.
Know don't get me wrong, I am not saying that this is a free pass to do what every you want and then say "but I am forgiven so it's okay." No I am saying that those things you do, and I am guilty of them to, that habit that you have of being alone in front of the computer screen when no ones looking, or sneaking out to come back with a nasty head ache, those are all not honouring to God... and even though He forgave you and me on the tree, by doing them we slap Him in the face and defile that tree, turning out backs on that forgiveness. But when you find yourself in that place, in front of that computer with your mouse hovering over the X button in case someone comes in, or lifting that bottle to your lips, when you find yourself there... He says "run to me" He says click the X and walk away, put the bottle down and go back home.... We are His children, we have been "beautifully and wonderfully made." And so run to Him... leaving your old life behind.
Hoping
to the worm and pick it up....

No comments:

Post a Comment