Monday 9 March 2015

The False Platform 9 3/4


For most of us, if not all, there is a wall in our lives. This wall has always been there, over course for many of us it takes a while to realise it is there. Once we realise that this wall is a part of our life, or rather a barrier that remains in our life, we begin to run into it. In this we have the hope that some how the wall will fall down, we will be able to brake through it, or in some cases we hope it is like platform 9 3/4 in Harry Potter and we will be able to run through it.
However, after many attempts at running through this wall, I find that we begin to grow tired, we conclude that this wall will most likely never cease its existence in our lives. In this mind set we sit down, many of which I believe have their arms crossed and their lips pursed in anger.
But here's the thing, about a week ago I found myself once again in front of this wall. For the first time I did not want to a) run into the wall hoping to come out on the other side, or b) sit down and accept the fact that it is never going to leave and I will just let it continue to block my life. In short, I had begun to become tired of being tired of this wall.
As I stood there, facing this wall, neither running into it fists flying, nor sitting in front of it arms crossed, I began to hear one single word... TRUST. For the following days all I heard while I went about life, mentally standing in front of this wall was TRUST.
Trust is an interesting thing. In reality it is a simple little word, many a time I find myself pronouncing a word in my head and thinking how silly it is that we put sounds and the shaping of out mouth to ideas and concepts. But that is beside the point.
Trust is something that can be earned, lost, or given freely. It can strengthen people, build people, brake people, and cause them to curl up and never open up again. But yet it is sometimes, with some people, in certain places, situations and circumstances, the easiest thing to do.
Trust is a common thing for many of us in faith. It is if not one of the most important aspect of following Christ. Without trust in God and His guidance following Him is useless. And yet Trusting God is the hardest thing we Christians struggle with. Yes I am sure there are many things Christians struggle with, but in reality are these not the effects or outcomes of not trust God? Does it not begin with trusting Him?
We want to be in control, we want to hold the steering wheels, we want to shift the gears, and most of all we want to control the gas pedal to maintain a speed of our choosing. The fact is we are unable to be in control. We are like little kids without their license, we love the idea of driving, we dream about it and one day hope to ourselves. But the moments we do get behind the wheel we don't know what to do, we either freeze up or press the gas to fast and run into a tree or something. But God is experienced, He has been "driving" with people for years, more then we ever could! It takes courage, don't get me wrong, and a lot of push to let Him in and drive, but it all starts with trust.
Now you might want to yell at me and hit me by this point and scream "IT'S NOT THAT EASY NATHAN!" and my reply would basically be "I agree!" Why? Well coinciding I am a human just like you are, I completely understand, I struggle to! Wow crazy right!
Letting Him guide is the most important thing in our relationship and walk with Him, but it is also the hardest thing. Do I have a quick solution to putting your trust in Him? Nope! I am simply saying that you and I have one thing in common, we are both lost, we both have no clue where to go or what to do. And we both have this annoying wall in front of us! So whatever point your at, whether your running into the wall hoping to get through it, whether your sitting in front of it, or standing in surrender to letting Him take control and guide you. Just know that you and I are in the same place, that we are the same in that sense, and in reality that we are just like every other person on this planet.
So I have one last thing to say, Trust Him, whatever that means. Whether it means taking 5 minutes or 5 hours out of your day to spend time with Him, talk to Him, let Him in, get to know how He works with you! But never ever just sit there, or try yourself to get through this because it wont work... trust me, it wont.
Where has your wall brought you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment